general information aBout BAIKAL ENERGY
Lake Baikal Facts
* Lake Baikal is the oldest lake in the world, being about 25-35 million years old
* Lake Baikal is the deepest lake on earth, at 1637 meters
* Lake Baikal holds 20% of all freshwater supplies on the planet
* Lake Baikal boasts the purest fresh water on the planet
* Lake Baikal’s water is the most transparent of all freshwater lakes
* The flora and fauna of Lake Baikal is incredibly diverse: out of 3500 species 2/3 are endemic - you will not find them anywhere else in the world
* The Baikal is on UNESCO World Heritage list (since 1996)
Participation in the Baikal Energy Marathon is an opportunity to visit the shore
of the unique lake of the planet - a place where hundreds of thousands of people from all over the world seek
to get inspiration and recharge the energy of Lake Baikal.
On September 8, 2019 we invite you to take part in the Baikal Energy Marathon.
Participants will have the opportunity to test their strength in the race at distances: marathon (42.2 km), half marathon (21.1 km) and 10 km. Start and Finish of all distances right on the shore of lake Baikal in Baikalsk city. The race route passes through the territory of Baikalsk city with access to the old Moscow Road (Siberian Road). In the middle 19th century, this section of the road was part of the main trade route between Russia and China, it passed The Great Tea Way and this section of the road was involved in the construction of the Trans-Siberian Railway.
Participants of the Baikal Energy Marathon have a unique opportunity to run on the road section, which has historical significance. All finishers receive a commemorative medal of the participant, and the first 3 places at each distance among men and women separately – cash prizes.
To become the participant, you need to follow the registration link.